Easylink Community Services Limited (Easylink) will conform to both state and commonwealth privacy legislation requirements regarding the collection, use and protection of personal information of our Customers and Team Members.
Confidentiality refers to the obligation of non-disclosure by this agency of personal information unless it has the consent of the person concerned.
Easylink will ensure privacy and confidentiality by:
• Collecting only the information required for service delivery;
• Informing people of the purpose for collecting the information;
• Providing individuals with access to their information held by Easylink;
• Disclosing personal information to 3rd parties only with the written consent of the individual;
• Securely storing Customers’ personal information; and
• Destroying information in accordance with the Archives Act 1983.
In the following circumstances there is an obligation to report:
• a crime or intended crime;
• where the person is suicidal, safety is at risk, personal harm or being harmed (abused) by another; and
• to warn a third party who is in danger.
There may be occasions where personal information is used by us for direct marketing purposes including direct contact, telephone enquiries, email, SMS, letters, internet and web interactions, surveys and other forms of communication. Any such use will be limited to circumstances where you would reasonably expect us to use your personal information for that purpose and it has been collected from you, or if you have otherwise consented or requested this information.
You have the right:
a) to contact us to ‘opt-out’ of receiving direct marketing communications; or
b) to request that we provide the source of your personal information where reasonable and practicable.
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. Easylink is not responsible for the content or privacy practices employed by websites that are linked to our website.
If you believe we have at any time breached this policy, you may lodge a written complaint with our General Manager (details below).
We will endeavour to acknowledge your complaint within 14 days of its receipt, and to make a determination on the complaint within 30 days of its receipt.
PO Box 701 Dee Why NSW 2099 Phone: (02) 99190700
Further information about the Australian Privacy Principles and the application of the Act to us can be found at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au.