Easylink Community Services Limited (Easylink) will conform to both state and commonwealth privacy legislation requirements regarding the collection, use and protection of personal information of our Customers and Team Members.
Confidentiality refers to the obligation of non-disclosure by this agency of personal information unless it has the consent of the person concerned.
Easylink will ensure privacy and confidentiality by:
• Collecting only the information required for service delivery;
• Informing people of the purpose for collecting the information;
• Providing individuals with access to their information held by Easylink;
• Disclosing personal information to 3rd parties only with the written consent of the individual;
• Securely storing Customers’ personal information; and
• Destroying information in accordance with the Archives Act 1983.
In the following circumstances there is an obligation to report:
• a crime or intended crime;
• where the person is suicidal, safety is at risk, personal harm or being harmed (abused) by another; and
• to warn a third party who is in danger.